Hannah Diane Williams
Why I'M Afraid To Fall In Love - Poem by Hannah Diane Williams
My heart's been
Taken advantage of
Too many times.
It's been used as a toy,
Just something to toss around
And play with.
I never get caught
No matter how hard I fall.
Muy heart can't take
Being broken again.
I can't fall in love
Because even if I
Jumped off The Empire State Building
And it were on top of Mount Everest,
I wouldn't be caught
Because there's no Prince Charming,
Boys were meant to do nothing more
Than break your heart.
So, for right now,
I give up.
Comments about Why I'M Afraid To Fall In Love by Hannah Diane Williams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda