Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Toiling Done - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have been writing for so long,
The act of it is not premeditated.
It is who I am.
Something I do I understand.
And it is a gift I am grateful,
To have and be blessed with.
Some assume what I do is easy,
Because I express such love for it.
But if I had ever felt it easy...
I would find it not a challenge.
Like many who sit,
Wishing for assistance...
To confront their challenges,
They find themselves faced with.
Misunderstanding that it is 'love'...
That benefits with a toiling done of it.
Comments about With A Toiling Done by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl