Lawrence S. Pertillar
You Are On My Wish List - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
You could not have known,
You are on my wish list.
If you had,
You would have made it,
More of a game...
By a playing of hard to get.
And I would not have given up easily either.
You would have thought me obnoxious.
And stopped your daily assessments,
With your making sure that I notice...
Whenever I am in your presence,
To be inspected.
You are not the only one,
Who knows what they want.
And how to go about getting it.
Comments about You Are On My Wish List by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda