Lawrence S. Pertillar
You Were The Topic Of Our Conversations - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I didn't know that about you?
'I never knew you had the interest?
Never to me before had it been expressed.'
You did not bring it up.
'How could I?
You were the topic of our conversations.'
But you could have said something about yourself.
Which I didn't know about you,
I had to learn from someone else.
'And you would have given me the attention?
When talking about yourself is what you do best?
You never stop to take a breath.
I do know about you.'
Comments about You Were The Topic Of Our Conversations by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl