Purbesh Mahapatra Poems
- The Flowers Of Rain I had some money then When love was ...
- The Art Of Crying In the darkness of time A mirror shines so...
- The Eyes Of Innocence Whose eyes are a maze with no ...
- Psychology Of A Ghost The times of a ghost are always ...
- Once Upon A Time In Cambodia One weary night in the green ...
- Love At First Sight I hope I could explain you It would have...
- As Hungry As A Shark I am a great shark Lonely but not ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Purbesh Mahapatra
The Flowers Of Rain
I had some money then
When love was cheap and roads narrow
I lost myself one such way
As of losing I have this only to say
Of all things lost I remembered
Foremost were the flowers of rain
The clouds hung low at each turn
Below the mountainous sky
Asked the stranger as she looked away
Have you seen my butterflies fly by
The rain fell before she smiled and said
My swallowtails cherish the rain beloved
Where it started and whence it will end
On which peak didn't it rain
Deep from the river valley the mist soared
Unending upon thirsty earth the...