Roann Mendriq Poems
- Poetry For Children: Mother An...
- Poetry For Children: Happy Tea...
- Poetry For Children: Flying Ai... I made a paper ...
- Poetry For Children: Icecream ... I'll have another ...
- Flower Children© Children like Sunflowers, turn to face the...
- Poetry For Children: Bedtime S... When I am tucked up in...
- Poetry For Children: Flying Wi...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Roann Mendriq
Poetry For Children: Mother And The Mouse ©
My Mother is not the sort of Mum
who'll squeal and faint and shiver,
Darkness doesn't scare her,
When it thunders she won't quiver!
When I decide to play up
she fixes me with a stare,
One flashing look from her big eyes,
and I just don't care to dare!
So it was with shock, one morning,
when I woke up from a dream,
To hear my valiant, mighty Mum,
let out a high-pitched scream!
I raced to see her perched up high,
upon the kitchen sink,
Squealing like a baby bat,
Right on the edge, the brink.
I asked her what the matter...