Roann Mendriq Poems
- Poetry For Children: Flying Wi...
- Poetry For Children: Mother An...
- Canvas Sky © Now, have you ever stopped to think, Who ...
- Butterfly © A butterfly upon the breeze, floated to the ...
- Poetry For Children: Happy Tea...
- A Mermaid's Tale © With limpid inky pools for eyes, and ...
- Poetry For Children: Flying Ai... I made a paper ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Roann Mendriq
Poetry For Children: Flying With My Kite
A brilliant day to fly my kite,
Where else? But on our beach!
Dad holds it fast, with all his might,
Mum hoists it out of reach.
It's a beauty of a handmade kite,
of light bamboo; tissue paper;
A royal golden eagle sprite,
given to fancy flights of caper!
It soars into the bright blue skies,
Wind borne on capricious wings;
High above the sea it flies,
Me, holding steadfast to its string.
It flies right into a cotton cloud,
It's reaching far and free!
'Let it go! ' laughs Dad aloud,
Mum claps her hands with glee!