Sandra Martyres Poems
- Down Memory Lane - In A Local ... It was a trip down memory...
- A Banker's Prayer Dear God, Let our borrowers pay us ...
- A Humble Poetic Tribute Just a word of sincere thanks To a ...
- A Special Prayer To you O Lord we send Up a special ...
- A Mysterious Neighbour Sprightly and very much alive For ...
- Alphabetic Inspiration When all else fails The Economists ...
- A Lost Poodle He walked through the woods With a flickering ...
I hold a Master's Degree in Economics and work for an International Financial Institution. I enjoy writing Poetry more as a hobby, a form of expression and relaxation. Other interests include Reading, Philately, Theatre and Travelling. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Down Memory Lane - In A Local Train
It was a trip down memory lane
My journey on a Mumbai local train
Boarding the Ladies Compartment
I managed to land a window seat
Which in my younger days
Was considered the veteran’s treat
As only the fleet-footed and the agile
Were able to leap into the moving train
For these coveted seats to stake their claim
I watched as the passengers boarded
Most with household provisions loaded
But each with her own seat preference
Some chose to sit in the direction
Of the moving train
While others opted to be with friends
The short distance ...