Sarah HudsonPierce Poems
- To Be First! I am so selfish! I want to be first in line! ...
- Mutuality? What I am asking, questioning- Is whether ...
- Fear Why are we so scared When we see the Opportunities ...
- Where No One Cares! Where No One Cares The saddest feeling ...
- A New Path When One gets tired Enough Of one's lot in ...
- Love It is only As we've Experienced Love- Caring devotion
- A Hug A hug is a gentle touch— A light, sweet caress— A ...
I was born on the back roads of Arkansas near Sulphur Springs, Arkansas at home to Roy Earnest Hudson and Marcella May Morris Hudson.
My parents married late in life due to many factors, one being the fact that my mother had been injured in a fall as a young child born in Woods County, Oklahoma, while Oklahoma was still Indian Territory.
Her parents ran for ran in the Oklahoma Land ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To Be First!
I am so selfish!
I want to be first in line!
I push and I shove—
I grab and I take—
Because I want to be first!
I want to be Number One!
I want to be the Pet!
A spoiled child l am—
If I can't be first
Then just count me out!
I will get brownie points—
I will stand on my head—
And I'll do somersaults—
Anything to get your attention!
You see, I want to be first!
I'm spoiled and I'm rotten—
Not so good as you might think!
All I want is to be first in line!
I am a pig—I have to have more
Than my share!
I am not ...