Trucker Jeff Poems
- Autumn Rose It's risky being a late blooming rose to dare to...
- Snow Before the plow comes, before the shovel scoops, ...
- A Whole Lot Of Nothing God sent us sad souls to the pan ...
- The Carnival I love a carnival; lights, music and ...
- Hopeful Sky When the last tear from God has run down your ...
- Grave Yard Song All around me life still lingers, fragrant ...
- City Song Hail you great city and what do I hear? An ...
I found a common bond with my best friend and we enjoy getting together and reading stuff we've written. Some guys play sports, some guys have bass boats or Harley's, we have a writing studio called the island. I love the freedom of the open road, waking up someplace new each day with nothing to do but dream about words. Most of all the road allows me to miss and appreciate my baby, my darling, my... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It's risky being a late blooming rose
to dare to be beautiful
when others appeal has faded away
you risk the frost that could come
in the encroaching darkness
and steal away your rueful boldness
but today is warm and the eve will only be cool
and you look beautiful, sitting elegant, Intelligent
your reading glasses perched on your delightful nose
your book in hand and the simple fabric
you've Chosen to wear,
it fails to compete with the women you are,
a strikingly beautiful Autumn Rose