M.D Dinesh Nair
A FACE I KNOW NOT
The face of an old man with a colourful turban
At times flashes across my mind.
But I know not the face
Though a face it is.
His eyes are cold and ears are covered most often,
He sees not much but just hears alone,
But now I remember this face!
A Face of all sorts.
12.9 million Faces look up to him now and then
Their tears dry up in the heat of the unkind sun.
Their sighs go unheard as ever before
In the midst of cries.
He and his men are bound on reformations hitherto unheard
‘Making of a future nation it is', they speak out.
Spiraling prices and surging woes
Never deter them a bit.
The ghosts of the past rulers of the great but poor land stir in
Down to the tombs in the English graveyards
And they cry for better verdict upon
Their errors unforgotten.
The Ambanis and their breed look upon and forsee
A nation in the making emerging out.
The pale faces of 12.9 ‘monkeys'
Remain reverted upwards.
An Empire lost!
A nation in the making sheds tears in consolably,
A media man shoots her dark and pale face,
An orator gets applauded and next
An eerie silence sets in.
Though the saber of rage rusts in the sheath of remorse,
Though the wet pen of the bard dries for now,
The face has to vanish now or later
For a phoenix ought to surge
Out of this pyre!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A FACE I KNOW NOT by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
- On A Calm Summer Night, Eve Carter
- Accepting Human Nature, Ima Ryma
- and then a cliff where i fall again., RIC S. BASTASA
- how can my hands prevent you from gettin.., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Coat, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- November, Thomas Hood
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)