Exits and Keys
Death is no mystery,
It is only a door I can slam shut.
Can you promise me it will be better,
On the other side, can you?
I know you can but I do not believe you.
It will be better for others but me.
This sweet, choking smell,
The field of poppies that puts me to sleep,
Yellow brick road? No place like home,
Behind that door without a key,
Just walk, walk without fear and faith,
Eat me, drink me, shrink or grow.
Oh if I had a heart and courage,
Who will stop me, judge me,
Is it you? One thing I can do
And follow through, not try it on, discard
And walk away. I walk away just once,
And it is no mystery to anyone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exits and Keys by Jan Hauck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal