Phone call did come in,
I felt a shiver I knew was grim.
For it was my Uncle saying to my Dad,
Grandma & Grandpa died which was sad.
Later that night,
I went into a dream filled with fright.
I dreamed of my sister upstairs,
scary it made my arm hairs glare.
My hairs stood up straight,
which I did anticipate.
was about to happen soon,
an image of people
floated into my sister's room.
Then sister screamed
and I did jump with a boom.
Running upstairs with blankets to my side,
I ran to my sister in the nic of time.
She told me what she had just seen,
The ghost of Grandparents
saying goodbye she did glean.
This was my grandparents saying there last goodbye,
dreamed of them years later telling them
'I know you guys never died.'
Written by Christina Sunrise on Feb 21,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOODBYE DREAM by Christina Sunrise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson