Phone call did come in,
I felt a shiver I knew was grim.
For it was my Uncle saying to my Dad,
Grandma & Grandpa died which was sad.
Later that night,
I went into a dream filled with fright.
I dreamed of my sister upstairs,
scary it made my arm hairs glare.
My hairs stood up straight,
which I did anticipate.
was about to happen soon,
an image of people
floated into my sister's room.
Then sister screamed
and I did jump with a boom.
Running upstairs with blankets to my side,
I ran to my sister in the nic of time.
She told me what she had just seen,
The ghost of Grandparents
saying goodbye she did glean.
This was my grandparents saying there last goodbye,
dreamed of them years later telling them
'I know you guys never died.'
Written by Christina Sunrise on Feb 21,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOODBYE DREAM by Christina Sunrise )
- Good life, John Mamhungaire
- Escalator of Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Stinch Binge, Joe Elmenhorst
- A New Day, Vera Sidhwa
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- Life, John Mamhungaire
- Secret Garden, Gary Hembree
- सांसो की ना जाने कहाँ रफ्तार गई?, Aftab Alam
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam