Loyd C. Taylor
Twelve Christmas Angels a Christmas Poem
Twelve Christmas angels met
Up near the Milky Way;
To discuss why joy was missing,
From the Christmas holiday.
It gave them so much sadness,
As they tracked the negative trend;
So each decided to do their part,
To bring this madness to an end.
Angel one would touch memories,
Reminding of the blessings of life;
Angel two would tenderize hard hearts,
Removing bitterness and strife.
Angel three would gather families,
From far reaches of the earth;
Then stir feelings of love and peace,
Giving hope and joy new birth.
Angel four would return Merry
And Christ to holiday greetings.
Angel five would clear calendars,
To make time for family meetings.
Angels six would flame enthusiasm,
Angels seven would spread cheer;
Angel eight would grow generosity,
Angel nine would diminish fear.
Angel ten would dispel darkness,
By lighting colorful decorations;
Angel eleven would draw the lonely,
To warm and friendly celebrations.
Angel twelve would have the hardest job,
Bringing wonder back to each heart;
And reminding all the people,
Of how Christmas had its start.
So with haste they met the challenge,
And made everything all right;
They restored the joy and happiness,
Before that Christmas night.
So Merry Christmas then to one and all,
May every tongue employ;
And thank you Christmas angels,
For bringing back the Christmas joy!
Written by Loyd C Taylor
Loyd C. Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Twelve Christmas Angels a Christmas Poem by Loyd C. Taylor )
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Ten), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Merry Christmas My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- See, seer!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Obligated, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Nine), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Rosy (Eight), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen