Ana Monnar Poems
- Because A Strong Woman, I Am Indeed I still ...
- A Zero To The Left Distinctive wise problem-solver Resolving...
- Compassion Compassion does not mean pity Compassion goes a ...
- Adult Companionship Adult companionship I seek Desperately ...
- Dogs Are Not Pets, They Are Fa...
- Beautiful Faces You are as beautiful as you feel Look at all...
- Education What is? Education The power of ...
Ana Monnar earned a Master of Science Degree in the area of Early Childhood and Elementary Education from Florida International University. Mrs. Monnar has been teaching for 30 years. She’s taught second, third, and fourth grades. She also had the opportunity to work as a Reading Curriculum Specialist and Reading Leader. Ms. Monnar is currently teaching second grade.
She has written successful grant proposals and earned the title, “Teacher of the Year” in the 1980’s. The Miami Herald, Neighbors Section, featured Ana Monnar as “Super Teacher” on November 27,2003. Only one teacher a month from both public and private schools earns the prestigious recognition. Ana Monnar has inspired... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Because A Strong Woman, I Am
Indeed I still struggle
Swimming upstream with might
Never giving up on what I care for
Because a strong woman, I am
You might use your jagged tongue
To tear me down for what I do
You are so cruel and judgmental
Is it my strength that bothers you?
I wept from your harsh words
That took me by surprise
In front of other guests
Embarrassed I sure was
Instead of wheeling and dealing,
Writing poems and stories, too
You think I should stop it all
Does my independence bother you?
I work full time at school and in my home