Angela Wybrow Poems
- A Headful Of Thoughts I'm lying here, wide awake Trying hard...
- Reunited When I received a letter from my Dad, Saying he ...
- The Missing Sock This afternoon, I had quite a big shock: I...
- The Colours Of My Life You’ve brightened up my life With ...
- A Spring Morning The sky is the shade of cornflower blue; ...
- Hot Air Balloon I saw a hot air balloon flying over my house:...
- Ghost Town This town is becoming like a ghost town; Many of...
I now live in Hampshire, UK. I have been writing poetry on and off for many years and really enjoy it. I love writing about a variety of topics and am hoping that there's something for everyone. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Headful Of Thoughts
I'm lying here, wide awake
Trying hard to get some sleep;
But my brain is totally buzzing,
So it's useless counting sheep!
My mind is manically racing,
Thinking of words and ideas;
I think of the sad poem that I just wrote,
And my eyes suddenly fill up with tears.
I need to get some sleep,
As I'm actually pretty tired;
But my brain is so alive:
Like, it's been electrically wired!
Many times, I've had new thoughts,
And jumped out of my cosy bed,
To quickly grab a pen and paper,
And jot them down before they leave my head. ...