Anthony Joseph Erangey
Anthony Joseph Erangey Poems
- Beware The Black Rose Beware black rose and pick her not, ...
- Bohemian Eulogy Hey Chuck, too bad you’re gone But man, I ...
- Does It Hurt While Dancing Coffee inspired scales of ...
- The Maze Life’s journeyed maze, twists, turns, and bends, ...
- Almost From a hazy, distant view, out of many, a selected ...
- My Prayer Dear God, I love you thank you for loving ...
- Chosen Who decided the qualifications, that would be the ...
I am a musician and song writer. I have always dabbled in poetry on the side. Never published or read for anyone. Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.
Recently I lost my first three poems here and have no clue why. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Beware The Black Rose
Beware black rose and pick her not,
Those who succumb, in Hades rot,
Her bloodlust thorns are hidden well,
And if you stoop, you’ve entered Hell.
It’s not by chance, she grows alone,
No mortal man can hear her groan.
She plots in wait for naïve men,
And wrenches life and fate quicken.
I feel her dance with sheer delight,
As lovers near her den of night,
They never see her dreadful blade,
Her thrust of thorns, her wrath cascade,
And how you ask, can I state so,
What proofs have I, how could I know?
‘No rose can take immortal soul,