Barbara Haskell Poems
- Happy Birthday, My Twin We were conceived together, our ...
- Poetry People write poetry for diverse reasons, as in poems...
- A Lovely Shade Of Brown My mind wanders through memories of ...
- Finish Line Pain has taken all purpose from my life, ...
- A Thousand Things And Nothing A thousand things and nothing, ...
- Ghost's On Exhibition
- Harmony And Rhyme As I cry, I write poetry of sweet ...
I'm 55 years old and my spirit finds this incredible! My spirit yearns to do much, but this body won't cooperate. I'm disabled due to chronic pain from a back injury and a previously fractured neck. I have a plate in my neck with 4 screws, but I don't set off airport alarms. I home school my 15 yr. old grandson and love to read and write. I've used my writing to help me cope with my life changes ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Happy Birthday, My Twin
We were conceived together,
our first existence, sharing our mother's womb.
We took our first breath's of life
within minutes of each other,
slept in the same bed for many years
and we shared the same room for more years than that.
We dressed alike, one of us wearing pink, the other, blue.
We shared books and toys,
clothes and even, boys.
My best friend, my sister, my twin,
the other half of me.
We've always had our own distinct personalities
and no one could get madder,
than each of us, at the other,
nor forgive each other more.
My best ...