Casey Renee Kiser
Casey Renee Kiser Poems
- Beauty Rarely What are the requirements of a beauty pageant ...
- Spit Me Out Swallow me whole If you think you can Breathe ...
- Smart Girls boys don't like smart girls they like
- Drop Dead I shoplifted from your height and got me ...
- Light Sleeper I once dreamed I could sleep You were there,...
- White Flag, Dark Cloud dark cloud surrender take me ...
- Bones I drink just enough water to stay alive I eat only ...
With dark, quirky and sometimes unsettling humor, Casey Renee Kiser writes about depression, identity, relationships, addiction and death. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I won't sleepHold Me Under: Poems to Drown to
if that's what it takes
to not wake up
''I convince myselfSpit Me Out
memories are nothing more
than a plural noun''
''I'll let no man in, unless of course, he knocks.Swan Wreck
Walk right in to my heart with a thousand locks.''
''I want to sleep in the ovenGutter Kisses and a Hug on Garbage Day
because I just burn in the bed''
''My pillow is as good as any oceanI Liked You When I Thought I was Dead
to drown in the nightmare of myself.
I swam all the way here from the moon.''
Comments about Casey Renee Kiser
What are the requirements of a beauty pageant judge? ?
I once thought I could judge beauty.
owns a swimsuit
or an evening gown
or has perfect teeth
or the right size thighs
or has sincere joy while waving to the crowd.
Beauty is wealth of the soul
and sometimes, poverty of the bones.
Beauty is a child's smile
before the crushing pain of broken dreams.
Beauty is getting up and brushing off your ego.
Beauty is listening, even when it feels like
your ears are going to fall off.
Beauty is encouraging someone