Christina Georgina Rossetti
Christina Georgina Rossetti Poems
- Remember Remember me when I am gone away, Gone far ...
- Echo Come to me in the silence of the night; Come in the ...
- Dream Land Where sunless rivers weep Their waves into ...
- Who Has Seen The Wind? Who has seen the wind? Neither I nor ...
- A Birthday My heart is like a singing bird Whose nest is in ...
- When I Am Dead, My Dearest When I am dead, my dearest, Sing ...
- A Daughter Of Eve A fool I was to sleep at noon, And wake ...
Christina Rossetti was an English poet who wrote a variety of romantic, devotional, and children's poems. She is best known for her long poem Goblin Market, her love poem Remember, and for the words of the Christmas carol In the Bleak Midwinter.
Early Life and Education
Christina Rossetti was born at 38 Charlotte Street (now 105 Hallam Street), London to Gabriele Rossetti, a poet and a political exile from Vasto, Abruzzo, and Frances Polidori, the sister of Lord Byron's friend and physician, John William Polidori. She had two brothers and a sister: Dante became an influential artist and poet, and William and Maria both became writers. Christina, the youngest, was a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Hope is like a harebell trembling from its birth.''Christina Georgina Rossetti (1830-1894), British poet, lyricist. Hope Is Like a Harebell. Harebell = bluebell.
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far ...