Irene C S ClarkHogg
Irene C S ClarkHogg Poems
- A Degenerate Mouse Called Arth... I have a little mouse called...
- * Tears Of Rain His love was a raindrop In the lonely desert...
- A Mother's Gift A woman gave part of her soul That the being...
- * Geordie Folk I was born on the banks of the old river Tyne,...
- Holocaust Holocaust. Iron pipes that pierce the skyline.
- ** Rational “Forsooth maid, ” spake he, “Hear now my true ...
- * An Unfortunate Vampire Johnny was a vampire, One of the ...
I live in the North East of England with my husband, who is also a poet, three cats and two dogs. I have been a writer of poetry and prose for many years and enjoy experimenting with a variety of poetry forms. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Irene C S ClarkHogg
A Degenerate Mouse Called Arthur
I have a little mouse called Arthur
Who gnaws away inside my bones
He is armed with sharp incisors
And metal claws on all his toes.
Today was warm, so Arthur rested
Silly me, I thought he slept
Then, just as I felt complacent
From his hidey-hole he crept.
He's gone to stir up his relations
They're scattered all about my frame
Every year his clan increases
I know them, every-one, by name.
Arthur lives high in my neckbone
He scrambles up and down my spine
Neville nests in my right shoulder
On the other perches...