JDarrell Kirkley Poems
- Countryside Pride Native flowers of splendid color, ...
- Breath By Breath Our moments are precious and Our time is ...
- Another Future’s Day! Cascading waves come crashing ashore, ...
- A Serpent Pain A serpent pain dwells within theDepths of my ...
- A Riddle We can’t see it, Can’t touch, eat, or drink. Nor ...
- A Prayer For Marisa God Almighty, your existence is all ...
I have been a Producer/Director of Corporate films
and videos for the past 35 years in Dallas, Texas. I
have been married to my wife, Judy, for 37 years.
Poetry has been something that I have played with
over the years and have not made it a priority until
August 2004. The loss of my daughter 'Marisa' has
made me really think about my poetic feelings, and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about JDarrell Kirkley
A Prayer For Marisa
God Almighty, your existence is all Around us…
is all about us! Thirty-one years ago on this day,
April 1, You bestowed upon us, a baby girl.
We proudly named her, Marisa.Marisa is a child of yours.
We ask that you take care of her soul, for she doth not know
for what she did!
She was blessed with many talents, But she was
burdened with a terrible Depression, a disease that could
take Over, and control her mind and Create ugly thoughts
and actions that Made her feel extremely bad.But we were
blessed to have had herWith us for the past 30 years and