- Look To This Day Look to this day: For it is life, the very ...
- Waking Even the man who is happy glimpses something or a ...
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 01 - ... "Oh, dear, this utterly ...
- The Cloud Messenger - Part 01 A certain yaksha who had been ...
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 05 - ... "Oh, dear with best ...
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 06 - ... "Oh, dear, with the just...
- Shakuntala Act 1 King Dushyant in a chariot, pursuing an ...
Kalidasa (Devanāgarī: कालिदास "servant of Kali") was a renowned Classical Sanskrit writer, widely regarded as the greatest poet and dramatist in the Sanskrit language. His floruit cannot be dated with precision, but most likely falls within 4th Century AD.
His plays and poetry are primarily based on Hindu Puranas and philosophy.
Nothing apart from his works is known with certainty about the life of Kālidāsa, such as his period or where he lived. Little is known about Kālidāsa's life. According to legend, he was known for his beauty, which brought him to the attention of Princess Vidyottama and she married him. However, as legend has it, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Look To This Day
Look to this day:
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence.
The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendour of achievement
Are but experiences of time.
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision;
And today well-lived, makes
Yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well therefore to this day;
Such is the salutation to the ever-new dawn!