Josh Bashline Poems
- My Old Man His saggy eye lids and rough, weathered skin, ...
- Death Letter My love. Let the sun shine down and warm us ...
- Capital Square The night before, destruction imminent, ...
- The Bulge My shaky legs carry me in. The forest gets ...
- Wife Forgives Killer Elephant Bobbo was a clown with an ...
- Ralph He's got a red black hat, a white tank top. He works ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Josh Bashline
My Old Man
His saggy eye lids and rough,
remind me of a rainy day.
Dark blue eyes as cold as the Atlantic chill me to the bone.
The brown spots and dead skin patches on his bald head,
are like battle wounds,
which he has received over the years.
His unsteady hand shyly grasps his sable cane.
His three lonesome limbs longing for their missing brother,
taken from them many years ago on a beach in France.
Blinding gold medals and silver stars,
overshadow the Purple Heart,
but do not hide it.
His navy blue suit with yellow lining and a ...