Julius Lenaiyarra Poems
- This Other Poem 'Twas once recited In yester-years Like a ...
- Childhood Love Vivid memories erupt Of decades gone like ...
- Just A Thought The poet sat thoughts racing The pen drawing ...
- Lost Love Teary-eyed The ground around being hazy The ...
- Still I Stand When you slap my cheek, When you spit on my ...
- The Other Me Don't you look at me like that That I am too ...
- That Child This time round Watching, just seeing Keenly ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Julius Lenaiyarra
This time round
Watching, just seeing
Keenly with an eagle's eye
Peeping through the open
I see the disgusted image
That child there!
The arms, thin and dry
The eyes, big and waterly
The ribs out of question
The hair, dry and unkempt
Poverty has evaded God's creature
But whose child is this?
The streets know her name
The gutter spoke her truth
The T-shirt part of her body?
The body weary and tired
The insults, part of the day
But the smile on her face, permanent
A future promise of life?
Perphaps, the fairness of life.