Maya Hanson Poems
- Despite Despite the wind carving her face raw, she bends ...
- I Am Human I am a Human being. I try to
- Streetlight Use a streetlight to show me that things are ...
- So Many Words Could you have chosen a different way to say ...
- Burned You claim you felt a spark. Maybe it was just the ...
- Follow You Wishes drenched in the lake water Dreams
- Home I almost panic when I look in the distance, black ...
A little about me:
My name is Maya Hanson, otherwise known as Mye. I was actually named after Maya Angelou...what a coincidence, I followed in her footsteps and write poetry and stories as well. I am 18 and a freshman in college. I have been writing poetry since about 2nd or 3rd grade (but my older ones on here are not that great) . A lot of my poems are also songs.
I love to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Life is like a box of chocolates. Sometimes it's delicious and sometimes it makes you want to puke.''Life
''Active imaginations are rarer than they seem.''Life
''And this is something I won't forget or regret. Something I will look back on and say, "Hey, there's me doing something stupid, but it came out good."''Life
''My role model is never seen without a smile on her face. And that is why she is my role model.''Life
Despite the wind
carving her face raw,
she bends to the sky
the moon will rise again
so she can tear herself
from her shadow.
Despite the climb
blocking her path,
she breathes in the cool air
and picks herself
Despite the haunts
behind her shoulders
clutching her throat,
she breaks down and
cries and screams and
Despite the darkness
that follows her
she takes another step,
there’s a light
in the hallway.