Michelle Claus Poems
- Alexander The Great (When my son and I studied world history ...
- Ocean Ocean lashing the rocks sculpting my savage ...
- Haiku - Katsushika Hokusai, P...
- It Seems I'M Done With The Sea...
- An Attitude Of Ending An attitude of ending is the engine of...
- My Poetry Is Pedestrian My poetry walks barefoot along the ...
- Amid The Stars And Mystery Amid the stars and mystery We all...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Alexander The Great
(When my son and I studied world history together, we enjoyed the legend of Alexander the Great. In that spirit, I composed this poem.)
There once was a Macedon lad
Whose mind was a trifling mad.
At twelve years of age,
He fancied it sage
To render Bucephalus glad.
The boy on his horse would aspire
To better his average sire.
King Philip was mild
Compared to his child,
Whose spirit consumed like a fire.
At twenty, the bellicose man
Embarked on a grandiose plan.
With dagger and shield
And soldiers to wield
His empire swelled quite a ...