Nirmalendu Goon Poems
- Because A Poem Will Be Written 'Cause a poem will be written,...
- Maybe I'M No Human Maybe I’m no human, humans are different; ...
- What Sin Would Redeem Me I have never tasted the fruit of ...
- Firear There is a big crowd at the Police ...
- This Day I Haven'T Come To She... Like all of you present ...
- You Are Leaving You are leaving: the steamboat starts off ...
Nirmalendu Goon (Bengali: নির্মলেন্দু গুণ)is a Bangladeshi poet, and one of the most popular poets in Bangladesh, lauded by many for his accessible verse in an age where Bangla poetry has become increasingly complex.
Nirmalendu Goon was born in Barhatta in Netrokona, in undivided India, now in Bangladesh.
Goon was one of the few people who openly protested Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's assassination in 1975 in a period when even mentioning Mujib was considered dangerous.
His first book of poetry was published in 1970. Since then he has published forty-five collections of poetry and twenty collections of prose. Part of the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Because A Poem Will Be Written
'Cause a poem will be written, with eager excitement
Lacks and lacks of excited anxious eager rebelious audiences are waiting
Till dawn on the beach of the park that turned into an ocean of crowd-
'When is the poet arriving?' 'When is the poet arriving?'
This childrens' park was not there then,
This tree, flower adorned park was not there then,
This sleepy colourless afternoon was not there then |
Then how was the afternoon then?
Then how was, the childrens' park, bench-tree flower garden
Covered, this field, the heart of Dhaka?
I know, black hand was ...