Lubna S. Khan
(06) Folly - Poem by Lubna S. Khan
(written in Marathi language)
Ratra-divas an nehmich rabto,
tyala maanoos gadhav kaa mhanto?
To, tya aytyaa bilat rahto,
Tyaa nagaachi pooja karto?
India is a country where the people are devoted towards snakes. This is a belief and tradition mainly among the tribals and some Hindus. The above poem is a criticism to the act.
That which works all day and night
Is rather called a 'donkey' (with derision)
And that which lives in burrows(already made by other elements; a
snake never digs burrows for itself)
The snake is admired(for no good reason!)
(Written while in the tenth grade, Year-2006)
Comments about (06) Folly by Lubna S. Khan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl