44 Year Old Wake Up - Poem by Sandra Osborne
Woke up this morning, with some more new pains
Getting old really sucks; I hurt when it rains.
You won’t hear me say, “Wow, THAT pain is gone! ”
But always just, “Hey, why does THAT now hurt? ”
I go off to bed hugging the heating pad,
Then hobble up the stairs and fall into bed,
Can’t lay on my side, can’t lay on my back,
Can’t get straight up right out of the sack.
Not eight straight hours in over ten years,
What with having to pee and pain in my head
And no rest in my dreams, always bending down,
Always running and jumping and smelling the flowers.
Comments about 44 Year Old Wake Up by Sandra Osborne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl