(603) Oh Precious Love - Poem by Melvina Germain
I saw him sitting across the room,
knowing a meeting must happen soon.
I stood up and slowly walked toward him,
a little nervous, sipping my glass of gin.
He looked at me with a pleasing grin,
I noticed a sensual dimple in his chin.
I said, Hi have we met before?
No, but I noticed you when you walked through the door.
The conversation began and as the night went on,
we smiled and talked until the break of dawn.
Many years have passed and I still remember,
our first meeting in the month of September.
Our love has grown through the years,
built memories, raised children, shed a few tears.
Our first meeting is a memory we’ll never forget,
for it gave us a life of absolutely no regrets.
Comments about (603) Oh Precious Love by Melvina Germain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl