A - Poem by Lily Espinosa
Not for the first time have I fallen
For a man named A.
Soft in character, strong in mind
I know you could be mine.
Gazing at you through the crowd
I wonder, 'what was the colour of your eyes? '
The seemingly trivial pursue and pester.
I am startled.
Are you looking directly at me?
Singled me out as I have you?
Or is this just another trick of the pestilent longing,
The silliness that I’m harbouring.
I feel a light must hover above my head.
It reveals my newest treasure.
2 November 2007 15: 16
Comments about A by Lily Espinosa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda