A Forgotten Mother! - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
Dear son, I hope and pray,
Someday our paths, will cross!
Each and every day I pray for you!
I hope that someday you will forgive me!
Please don't hold a grudge or hate me!
I wanted a better life for you!
I could not give you the life that I wanted for you!
Your mother now was given a beautiful gift!
A precious child that came out of my womb!
I long to meet and hug you!
So many years have gone by!
I just want to know that you are safe!
My sacrifice was great!
I wanted to give you a good life!
A life, that I could never have given you!
My only child, you are always in my heart!
Until the end of time, I will pray for you, and
Search for you, forever!
Tears roll down my face,
I am a forgotten mother!
Comments about A Forgotten Mother! by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl