A Sleeping Champion - Poem by David Harris
He was a sleeping champion
for every cause he never knew,
only awaked when someone
had a troubled heart.
They came to him for kind words,
and comfort and kind words is what they got.
They admired him from afar.
Yet the sadness of this champion
is something they never saw.
They only saw his brightness,
as he tried to help one and all.
Then one day something happened to him,
and he couldn’t understand,
why suddenly he was surround,
by so many who called him a friend.
He was amazed why so many
now wanted to comfort him.
Comments about A Sleeping Champion by David Harris
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl