A Wishful Thought! - Poem by RAJ NANDY
A WISHFUL THOUGHT!
I can feel that I am gradually getting old,
With frayed senses and withering mould!
Which makes me wonder why God has
kept this stage,
To humiliate and ridicule me till I am dead!
Better to be born as an old man instead, -
To gradually become younger as I start to
And though I like it or not, -
Such wishful thoughts are soon forgot!
But I do remain grateful to the Lord,
For enabling me to express my feelings and
In verses of my personal liking and choice,
Giving expression to my inner voice!
The day He takes away this single boon, -
Body would become a burden for my soul,
And the soul shall clamour for liberation, -
From this mortal life’s fatal control!
08 Mar 09
Comments about A Wishful Thought! by RAJ NANDY
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda