'Abrupt Shoulder Edge' - Poem by Amberlee Carter
I’ve become allergic to breathing,
sucking air through the lump in my throat
to the mass of cancer that keeps beating.
The hours are too long,
this day decays,
and what strength is left?
I am no Mary
and you are certainly no Lazarus-
we cannot raise the dead, but,
we have been known to wake the neighbors.
Comments about 'Abrupt Shoulder Edge' by Amberlee Carter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl