Lawrence S. Pertillar
'Affected'! - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
They perceive themselves to be intelligent.
So they do their best to impress.
Expressing a kind of...
And hints they have become,
Without one sign,
That shows them to be basic.
Nothing to prove them to be grounded at all.
Not to anything of structured stability.
Blinded by the blaze of pretension.
That's what we use to call folks like that!
A tossed salad of deluded exclusiveness.
Harmless as well as annoying.
And difficult to keep respected.
Comments about 'Affected'! by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl