Here I Write - Poem by uchenna nnodum
Here I am simply writing,
Writing a poem, I believe.
People write when they feel loved,
When they feel touched.
Others often write when they feel pain.
However, here I am writing…
Writing at a time my life is like the heartbeat on an ECG screen-
Up down, up down.
They think we are perfect,
Apologies for the disappointment; we are not.
We face challenges and experiences
We have fears but we deal with them.
That is life plain and simple.
Here I am writing a poem,
I really do not care what it is by the time
Whether my poem is well structured
With a rhythm or rhyme.
All I want to do is…
Write this, here and now.
Put my thoughts in black and white
And hope someday I would look back at it
Maybe with a smile.
Comments about Here I Write by uchenna nnodum
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl