And There Was You - Poem by Twilight Whispers
There was once a girl, she was like me
She cried when she was sad
She smiled when she was happy
And shouted when she was mad.
She was no different to me
She was quiet and kind
She tried her best with everything
And friendly, you'll find.
But then came you, and she saw
That she was in some trouble
All her worries seemed so much worse
And her fears seemed to double.
You couldn't help her, although you tried
I've heard the things you've spoken
And if you see her, right there now,
You'll see how much she's broken.
So can't you just, for a little while,
Give my friend some space?
Leave her be, and you will see
A smile spread across her face.
Comments about And There Was You by Twilight Whispers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl