David Threadgold Poems
- .5. A Colourful Day My pinstripe suit sits waiting Freshly ...
- .5. Gone Fishing Fishermen cast out their nets We all in ...
- .2. A Mystery Look beyond the stars and planets Through the ...
- .5. A New School I remember my first days at school How the ...
- .4. A Pig In Muck Up to my knees in the pigsty Where little ...
- .4. A Badgers Lot Morning mist near badgers set No one’s ...
- .5. A Cosy Snack Dim the lights within the room From bright ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
.5. A Colourful Day
My pinstripe suit sits waiting
Freshly cleaned and neatly pressed
For a most important meeting
Where I need to look my best
I rise before the clock can ring
To wake me from my sleep
My brain was working through the night
And rest does not come cheap
A wash & shave a brush of teeth
Cool waters cleared my head
I fumbled for my best shampoo
But got blue bleach instead
As normal I used plenty
It didn’t lather well
I put another handful on
And then I got the smell
My hair was turning orange
A face all blue but duller
I didn’t ...