Aunt Ching Chang Chung's Shark Fin Soup! - Poem by nimal dunuhinga
I like that spicy odour
As same as the wonderful taste.
That's why I peep every other day
To Shanghai bamboo Restaurant!
Migrated Aunt established here
Long ago it seems and her eldest daughter
Chung Chang's nasal song of the yin & yang
Sometimes bit annoying.
And I saw on the wall a photograph hangs,
I asked; 'Is that Comrade Mao Tse-tung? '
'O no that's my step father! '
'Where's he now? '
She replied with a Cantonese smile;
'He still watches the Chinese Great Wall! '
I left the restaurant while Aunt's cutting Pork ribs
For the steak grill.
And I think of the poet with a breath of fresh air
Tu Fu! I respect him at all.
Comments about Aunt Ching Chang Chung's Shark Fin Soup! by nimal dunuhinga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl