Bombadier Beetle - Poem by Ima Ryma
A bombadier beetle I be,
Named for a handy bomb I make.
When a predator hits on me,
I do bomb for my safety sake.
Hydrogen and sulfur I store
In separate gland compartments.
When a predator seeks to score,
A combo mixture I commence.
I am no chemist, I confess,
But I can make the bomb real fast,
Hydrosulfuric acid - yes!
The predator soon is aghast.
Predator's mouth - I am the prey.
I do my thing and bombs away!
Comments about Bombadier Beetle by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda