New To The Nest - Lincoln Park Zoo - Poem by Ima Ryma
A happy hatching has occurred,
An Inca tern chick comes brand new.
The species, an endangered bird,
Can be seen at Lincoln Park Zoo.
When fully grown the bird will be
A sight with lots of dash and flash,
Sporting red beak and feet to see,
And Salvador Dali mustache.
Both parents, Mom and Dad, do share
In parenting their new offspring,
Both taking turns providing care,
Keeping their new chick under wing.
Come to the Bird House in Free Flight,
Look around for the nest to sight.
Comments about New To The Nest - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl