Broken Hope - Poem by Concetta Neville
Many have tried to revive me.
Many have tried to succeed.
I’ll give you advice, so you’ll see,
There’s no way that I could be free.
These chains are to heavy to break through.
There’s no lock to fit any key.
There’s no map, or puzzles, or clues.
There’s nothing to give you a lead.
Why can’t you see that I suffer?
Why can’t you just let me go?
Why must you stand here and hover?
Why must you hang onto hope?
I’ve given up life and it’s meaning.
I merely now only exist.
I’ve given up all of my screaming.
Quiet is peaceful, less risks.
So come as you may with your purpose.
Come as you will to succeed.
One day you’ll know I’m not worth this.
One day you’ll just let me be.
Comments about Broken Hope by Concetta Neville
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl