Clean Poetry - Poem by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Writing a poem, to me, begins with
inhaling, deeply, God-given inspiration,
lighting a fire that either warms my heart and
activates my mind, or burns my soul, if uncontrolled...
Hence, I take care to watch the mental images
my poems evoke, lest my imagination flounders,
lured into Satan's hidden realm by spam-mailed
promises of wealth and wide-spread popularity...
To edit a poem means scrutinizing it, removing
every trace of Satan's foul and deadly breath,
should it begin to infiltrate my fantasies...
My Poet Divine demands my lines
to be reflective of His Spirit....
Comments about Clean Poetry by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl