Lawrence S. Pertillar
Conditioned To Perform - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Achieving to reach any notable status,
Doesn't happen with a guarantee.
Or comes painless to receive by one overnight.
Doubts are fought. Tears are cried.
With sacrifices made enduring loss of appetite.
Away from the eyesight of others.
Until daylight uncovers to expose one's deeds.
And then when one accomplishes to succeed,
The one likely surprised by it...
Is the one whose previous efforts had been dismissed.
Even though humbled by the acknowledgement given,
The one reaching to achieve with just the wish to do it...
Is often the one devoted to discipline and focus.
As if conditioned to perform like a programmed robot.
Comments about Conditioned To Perform by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl