Lawrence S. Pertillar
Crucial Need - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The one main requirement,
Among others to acquire.
That achieving notoriety does.
For anyone dreaming,
With wishes to obtain it.
Is knowing how to accept criticism.
Being demeaned, belittled.
And occasionally facing negativity.
Regardless of where this comes from.
Or who chooses these activities,
To place on one's path.
Eventually the reality of this,
Is used to prove...
A crucial need in developing,
One's mental growth is paving the way.
In achieving both one's improvement,
And success to eventually witness.
Leaving one then left feeling blessed.
To have kept the faith to keep on steppin'.
With lessons remembered,
Who taught them when and well.
Comments about Crucial Need by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl