Dad - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
I see you beneath your shield of
You don't want me to know but already
I am you.
I have always been you, your blood,
Your guilt, your child.
I am happy, no, not content, but
I am happy.
My love has broadened, my trust
I have given.
From strength to strength, I have
I have hope because I have
Forgiven and I have forgotten.
You Are nobody I know.
Comments about Dad by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl