Lawrence S. Pertillar
Detached - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The more I see and realize who I am,
I am able to observe those hiding!
Behind masks they believe shields them,
From scrutiny and observation!
They say anything to be believed.
Choosing to be unfocused,
As if protected by fog, smog...
Or other pollutants,
Keeping their thoughts clogged!
It took time to define my vision.
They have no clue,
I am not playing peek a boo.
Even their minds are detached.
Wasting their time attached to mismatches.
Which makes their existence avoidable!
Comments about Detached by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl