Devil's Advocate (A Dark Sonnet } - Poem by Robin Bennett
An earthly man cloaked in devil's red,
Advocate for misery soaked lives.
Bringing only evil plans with him to bed,
Enjoying when love's heart wilts and dies.
Roaming the earth, free from his fiery lair,
Choosing victims which carry a weak soul.
Slithering near those that abandoned godly prayer,
Each lost dream, a forked tongue swallows whole.
This heavenly battle of pure against sin,
Began with Eve and a forbidden apple.
Each soul he takes to hell, is another win.
The faithful remain safe in God's chapel.
If your beliefs fade, and evil thoughts begin to dwell,
Shade your soul from the ruler of the depths of hell.
Comments about Devil's Advocate (A Dark Sonnet } by Robin Bennett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda