Dumb Intimacy - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
In your presence I am silent
And in my presence you are.
Between us silence is comfortable.
Is not it itself a proof
That we are bound by affinity.
I am man and you, a woman.
Is not that itself a proof
That it is more than affinity.
Let us not reveal what it means,
To spare us of that embarrassment.
Let us be dumbly intimate.
That intimacy is more sounding;
That silence is more sounding.1
Comments about Dumb Intimacy by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl